Old 01-12-2009, 05:12 PM
"Harald Sitter"

Default kde4 + cdbs + quilt

About a week ago I uploaded a new cdbs to jaunty with a kde4.mk that
only includes the quilt mk file if debian/patches is actually
available, so you don't need to have quilt as build-dep for every KDE
4 package using cdbs.
However, this means that backporting packages without debian/patches
became less fun.

I'd like to propose that we accept quilt as unnecessary build-dep if
backporting is planed. At least until 9.04 got released and becomes
primary backport target.

regards,
Harald

Old 01-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Jonathan Riddell

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 07:12:43PM +0100, Harald Sitter wrote:
> I'd like to propose that we accept quilt as unnecessary build-dep if
> backporting is planed. At least until 9.04 got released and becomes
> primary backport target.

That makes sense to me.

Jonathan

Old 01-13-2009, 12:05 AM
Scott Kitterman

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 18:35:41 +0000 Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@ubuntu.com>
wrote:
>On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 07:12:43PM +0100, Harald Sitter wrote:
>> I'd like to propose that we accept quilt as unnecessary build-dep if
>> backporting is planed. At least until 9.04 got released and becomes
>> primary backport target.
>
>That makes sense to me.

/me too.

</aol>