Old 12-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Guillaume Martres

Default MSN plugin in kopete

On lundi 8 décembre 2008 17:19:51 mrvanes wrote:
> Hi,
Hi,
First: why did you write to me in particular? There are other Kubuntu
developers, I'm CCing this mail to
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com, use this address next time you want to send a
mail to the Kubuntu developers.
> I'm using your experimental repository to enjoy all the bugs in kde 4.2.0
> beta, but I found a few glitches I think are in your control: 1, Kopete is
> missing the msn plugin, maybe you didn't use libmsn (did a quick search in
> the kopete mailinglist)
This is a known problem, see the release announcement:
http://www.kubuntu.org/node/58 the libmsn is not packaged in Ubuntu at the
moment(but will soon be in Debian), for now, you'll have to use another msn
client, sorry.
> 2. KJots can not be installed due to a conflicting
> file (overwrite) in kmail so I had to "break" kdepim to get rid of the
> errors.
Hey, that looks like a bug, thanks for spotting it! The fix shouldn't be too
hard, we'll try to solve that soon

--
Guillaume Martres - https://launchpad.net/~smarter

Old 12-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Guillaume Martres

On lundi 8 décembre 2008 19:22:35 you wrote:
> On Monday 08 December 2008 18:57:17 you wrote:
> > On lundi 8 décembre 2008 17:19:51 mrvanes wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > First: why did you write to me in particular?
>
> I didn't. I clicked 'contact this team' link on the kubuntu-experimental
> homepage on launchpad (https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-experimental)
Harald, could you please fix that?(probably needs change for the other kubuntu
teams too).

--
Guillaume Martres - https://launchpad.net/~smarter

Old 12-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Stephen Kelly

Guillaume Martres wrote:

>> 2. KJots can not be installed due to a conflicting
>> file (overwrite) in kmail so I had to "break" kdepim to get rid of the
>> errors.

Hi,

Can you give me more info on this? Is it an upstream issue?

Steve
(upstream KJots maintainer)

Old 12-08-2008, 06:51 PM
"Jonathan Jesse"

Heres the path from sudo apt-get intsall kjots
Install these packages without verification [y/N]? y
(Reading database ... 133363 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking kjots (from .../kjots_4%3a4.1.80-0ubuntu1~intrepid1~ppa2_i386.deb) ...

dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/kjots_4%3a4.1.80-0ubuntu1~intrepid1~ppa2_i386.deb (--unpack):
*trying to overwrite `/usr/share/icons/oxygen/scalable/actions/edit-delete-page.svgz', which is also in package kmail

dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
*/var/cache/apt/archives/kjots_4%3a4.1.80-0ubuntu1~intrepid1~ppa2_i386.deb

jonathan@dell-9:~$

Old 12-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Terence Simpson

Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Guillaume Martres wrote:
>

>>> 2. KJots can not be installed due to a conflicting
>>> file (overwrite) in kmail so I had to "break" kdepim to get rid of the
>>> errors.
>>>

> Hi,
>
> Can you give me more info on this? Is it an upstream issue?

No, it's a packaging issue.
> Steve
> (upstream KJots maintainer)

Terence