Old 12-02-2008, 11:09 PM
"Roderick B. Greening"

Default question on not loading nm-applet when i boot into KDE and not loading knetworkmanager when I boot into GNOME

On December 2, 2008 07:59:22 pm Jonathan Jesse wrote:

> Running both Ubuntu-Desktop and Kubuntu-Desktop it seems I have nm-applet

> and knmetworkmanager fighting over each other. Is there a way to start

> only nm-applet when I load GNOME and start knetworkmanager when I start

> KDE? KDM is my default window manager, just choosing a different session

> type.

> THannks,

> Jonathan

I believe the nm-applet desktop file needs a line (which knetworkmanager already does).

--

_______________________________________

Roderick B. Greening, B.Sc.

Paradise, NL Canada

E-mail/MSN: roderick.greening@gmail.com

LP: launchpad.net/~roderick-greening

Wiki: wiki.ubuntu.com/rgreening

Blog: roderick-greening.blogspot.com

Twitter: twitter.com/rgreening

Old 12-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Scott Kitterman

On Tuesday 02 December 2008 19:09, Roderick B. Greening wrote:
> On December 2, 2008 07:59:22 pm Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> > Running both Ubuntu-Desktop and Kubuntu-Desktop it seems I have nm-applet
> > and knmetworkmanager fighting over each other. Is there a way to start
> > only nm-applet when I load GNOME and start knetworkmanager when I start
> > KDE? KDM is my default window manager, just choosing a different session
> > type.
> >
> > THannks,
> >
> > Jonathan
>
> I believe the nm-applet desktop file needs a OnlyShowIn=Gnome; line (which
> knetworkmanager already does).

And I think there's an update in -proposed for this that needs testing.

Scott K

Old 12-02-2008, 11:22 PM
"Jonathan Jesse"

In 8.04 I know it did not work this are you saying it works this way correctly in 8.10 or there is an update in -proposed for 8.10 to fix this?* Seems like the two of them fight over each other

Old 12-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Scott Kitterman

On Tuesday 02 December 2008 19:22, Jonathan Jesse wrote:

Top posting fixed.

> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu@kitterman.com>wrote:
> >
> > nm-applet

> > session

> > > I believe the nm-applet desktop file needs a OnlyShowIn=Gnome; line
> >
> > (which
> >
> > > knetworkmanager already does).
> >
> > And I think there's an update in -proposed for this that needs testing.
> >
> In 8.04 I know it did not work this are you saying it works this way
> correctly in 8.10 or there is an update in -proposed for 8.10 to fix this?
> Seems like the two of them fight over each other

An update specifically to add the OnlyShowIn=Gnome; line. I've no idea how
that relates to them 'fighting'.

Scott K

Old 12-03-2008, 12:23 AM
"Roderick B. Greening"

On December 2, 2008 09:24:12 pm Scott Kitterman wrote:

> On Tuesday 02 December 2008 19:22, Jonathan Jesse wrote:

> Top posting fixed.

> > > nm-applet

> > > session

> > > (which

> > > And I think there's an update in -proposed for this that needs testing.

> > In 8.04 I know it did not work this are you saying it works this way

> > correctly in 8.10 or there is an update in -proposed for 8.10 to fix

> > this? Seems like the two of them fight over each other

> An update specifically to add the line. I've no idea how

> that relates to them 'fighting'.

> Scott K

Yeah, my bad... that entry is for menu related, not the autostart...
--