Old 12-01-2008, 12:07 PM
"Hervé Fache"

Default Bluetooth in 8.10

Hello devs,

Is it possible to have a status on the BT support in 8.10? It had been
said that a port of the needed package to bluez4 would be available
after release (from
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdebase-workspace/+bug/280997/comments/6),
but there are no more news in the related bug report
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdebase-workspace/+bug/280997)...

Hervé

Old 12-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Jonathan Riddell

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 02:07:42PM +0100, Herv?? Fache wrote:
> Hello devs,
>
> Is it possible to have a status on the BT support in 8.10? It had been
> said that a port of the needed package to bluez4 would be available
> after release (from
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdebase-workspace/+bug/280997/comments/6),
> but there are no more news in the related bug report
> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdebase-workspace/+bug/280997)...

This is mostly reliant on upstream work, testers welcome to see if the
current SVN code works with the new bluez
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdebase/workspace/solid/bluez/

Jonathan

Old 12-01-2008, 04:24 PM
"Hervé Fache"

2008/12/1 Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@ubuntu.com>:
> On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 02:07:42PM +0100, Herv?? Fache wrote:
>> Hello devs,
>>
>> Is it possible to have a status on the BT support in 8.10? It had been
>> said that a port of the needed package to bluez4 would be available
>> after release (from
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdebase-workspace/+bug/280997/comments/6),
>> but there are no more news in the related bug report
>> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdebase-workspace/+bug/280997)...
>
> This is mostly reliant on upstream work, testers welcome to see if the
> current SVN code works with the new bluez
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdebase/workspace/solid/bluez/
>
> Jonathan

Yep, sorry for the noise. After extensive search it seems we (the KDE4
users, whatever distro we are using) need to wait for Tom Patzig to
come up with an update to Solid AIUI.

Feel free to bother me for testing when something comes out that kind
of works :-) I can compile/test/debug/find and correct bugs/provide
patches...

Hervé