Old 12-01-2008, 12:02 PM
"Hervé Fache"

Default KDE 4.2 Beta 1 - any news?

Dear devs,

There is no mention of KDE 4.2 Beta 1 on the Kubuntu.org website.
Also, I was under the impression that packages for 8.10 would become
available.

Should I conclude that creating such packages is a challenge and that
you're blocking the website update until such packages are available?

Could you confirm/infirm whether such packages _will_ become available
for 8.10? I am waiting for a number of regression corrections,
especially in Kate and Gwenview (bugs reported)...

Thanks a lot,
Hervé

Old 12-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Jonathan Riddell

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 02:02:16PM +0100, Herv?? Fache wrote:
> Dear devs,
>
> There is no mention of KDE 4.2 Beta 1 on the Kubuntu.org website.
> Also, I was under the impression that packages for 8.10 would become
> available.
>
> Should I conclude that creating such packages is a challenge and that
> you're blocking the website update until such packages are available?
>
> Could you confirm/infirm whether such packages _will_ become available
> for 8.10? I am waiting for a number of regression corrections,
> especially in Kate and Gwenview (bugs reported)...

We're a bit short of packaging ninjas this week so it's been late in
getting done.

Packages are being uploaded to Jaunty starting today and will be
backported to 8.10 over the next couple of days.

Jonathan