-   -   Adept update warning icon (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/194345-adept-update-warning-icon.html)

Laurent Humblet 11-16-2008 12:01 PM

Adept update warning icon

Hi devs,

I don't know exactly to whom I should address this but I think someone
should really _really_ bring back that red triangle as the default icon
for adept updates in the tray in KDE 4.1.3. No 'average' user will feel
concerned over a cog with a green arrow coming out of it.

On an usability standpoint, the red triangle is the very best you can
find to achieve a simple (yet important) warning.

All the best,
Laurent

"Jonas Norlander" 11-16-2008 12:28 PM

Adept update warning icon

> Hi devs,
>
> I don't know exactly to whom I should address this but I think someone
> should really _really_ bring back that red triangle as the default icon
> for adept updates in the tray in KDE 4.1.3. No 'average' user will feel
> concerned over a cog with a green arrow coming out of it.
>
> On an usability standpoint, the red triangle is the very best you can
> find to achieve a simple (yet important) warning.
>
> All the best,
> Laurent

+1

And while at it why not change the other icons living in the tray as
well. kmix, klipper, network, kdewallet they all not very self
explained or just not that good looking.

/ Jonas