Old 11-13-2008, 05:39 PM
"Jonathan Jesse"

Default New Spec: help.kubuntu.org

Good afternoon,

I am addressing this email to both kubuntu-devel and ubuntu-docs as it affects both.* One of the things that has been on my mind lately is if there is any place the official kubuntu-docs package is available/browseable over the web.* I know that help.ubuntu.com lists the official docs of the current release (or it will once it gets updated), but I think the same needs to be done for Kubuntu.

This is why I am proposing help.kubuntu.org and the specs (https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu-doc/+spec/kubuntu-help-website and wiki.kubuntu.org/kubuntuhelpwebsite).* I think it will help out with getting these documents out there, more exposure and possibliy more people looking at the documents (bugs, contributors, etc).* This will also help people searching for infomration on their kubuntu system and any problems they may have.

Please comment either here or on the wiki page in regards to your thoughts.

Feel free to let me know if I am way off base or any other views.

Thanks and have a great day,

Jonathan