Old 10-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Jonathan Riddell

Default Kubuntu 8.10 Released

Kubuntu 8.10 is out and available now.

This intrepid release lives up to its codename and features the
cutting edge KDE 4 desktop. If you are unsure if you are ready for
KDE 4 do try it from a live CD. If you would rather stay with what you
know, 8.04 is still fully supported and there will be no automatic
upgrade prompting.

The website is a bit overloaded as is usual for release day but you
can grab the torrents from here
http://people.ubuntu.com/~jriddell/tmp/torrents/
seeders needed.

Or upgrade following these instructions
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/IntrepidUpgrades/Kubuntu

Do glance over the announcement, including the known problems at the
bottom.
http://www.kubuntu.org/news/8.10-release

If you'd rather download directly the first mirrors have updated
http://nl.releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/intrepid/
http://us.releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/intrepid/

You can leave feedback here which goes straight into my inbox
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/IntrepidIbex/Final/Kubuntu/Feedback

More help always needed of course
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/HelpingKubuntu

Hope you enjoy it!

Jonathan and your Kubuntu Team

Old 10-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Nigel Ridley

Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> Kubuntu 8.10 is out and available now.
>
> This intrepid release lives up to its codename and features the
> cutting edge KDE 4 desktop. If you are unsure if you are ready for
> KDE 4 do try it from a live CD. If you would rather stay with what you
> know, 8.04 is still fully supported and there will be no automatic
> upgrade prompting.
>
> The website is a bit overloaded as is usual for release day but you
> can grab the torrents from here
> http://people.ubuntu.com/~jriddell/tmp/torrents/
> seeders needed.
>
> Or upgrade following these instructions
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/IntrepidUpgrades/Kubuntu
>
> Do glance over the announcement, including the known problems at the
> bottom.
> http://www.kubuntu.org/news/8.10-release
>
> If you'd rather download directly the first mirrors have updated
> http://nl.releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/intrepid/
> http://us.releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/intrepid/
>
> You can leave feedback here which goes straight into my inbox
> https://wiki.kubuntu.org/IntrepidIbex/Final/Kubuntu/Feedback
>
> More help always needed of course
> https://wiki.kubuntu.org/HelpingKubuntu
>
> Hope you enjoy it!
>
> Jonathan and your Kubuntu Team

Hi Jonathan,

Where are the md5sums located?

Blessings,

Nigel

Old 10-30-2008, 02:18 PM
"Bas Roufs"

Dear Jonathan, dear Everybody.

Thanks for all your efforts so far. Just one practical question for
this moment. About 2 weeks ago, I installed a beta version of Kubuntu
8.10 'from scratch', at a separate partition. Is this beta version
automatically being changed into the official release via the adept
updates I install regularly?

I finish this message with a short general evaluation. Most of the
software I have been using so far via 'Ibex' works sufficiently well,
quick and smoothly. The screen looks lovely. The new version of Adept
works very well. So far, I have identified 3 major points of
attention:
* some minor difficulties with the 'widget' panel and the desktop screen;
* difficulties to adept the 'compose key' settings via REGIONAL/
LANGUAGE > xkb settings.
* difficulties to get sound.
I will get back to each of these issues in separate messages.

Respectfully Yours,

Bas Roufs.

--
===============
Viaconsensus

Old 10-30-2008, 02:50 PM
Tony Sivori

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 16:58:07 +0200, Nigel Ridley wrote:

> Where are the md5sums located?

Kubuntu 8.10 MD5 sums here:

http://releases.ubuntu.com/releases/kubuntu/8.10/MD5SUMS

4dc5bad5ee18648cd9dfbb87d86880b5 *kubuntu-8.10-alternate-amd64.iso
04a2c5c8f394175e6d6579e626995c7a *kubuntu-8.10-alternate-i386.iso
b054fd985294c80dcd6400fede533c72 *kubuntu-8.10-beta-desktop-i386.iso
824de6bea59d41637a41f17c00d33f7d *kubuntu-8.10-desktop-amd64.iso
82c02dc7386dfb6858a9ec09a5059e1e *kubuntu-8.10-desktop-i386.iso

Ubuntu 8.10 MD5 sums here:

http://us.releases.ubuntu.com/8.10/

ea6d44667ea3fd435954d6e1f0e89122 *ubuntu-8.10-alternate-amd64.iso
f9e0494e91abb2de4929ef6e957f7753 *ubuntu-8.10-alternate-i386.iso
f9cdb7e9ad85263dde17f8fc81a6305b *ubuntu-8.10-desktop-amd64.iso
24ea1163ea6c9f5dae77de8c49ee7c03 *ubuntu-8.10-desktop-i386.iso
e3028a105a083339be8e5af5afbe7444 *ubuntu-8.10-server-amd64.iso
a2ec9975a91e1228c8292ed9799dc302 *ubuntu-8.10-server-i386.iso
2796c696ab368415a30fddc8278e08b0 *wubi.exe

--
Tony Sivori
Due to spam, I'm now filtering all Google Groups posters.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:19 PM
Scott

Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> Kubuntu 8.10 is out and available now.
The torrents for both alternate CD's seem to be missing as I got a not
found error.

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Kubuntu Version 8.10

Old 11-03-2008, 01:57 AM
Mohammad Aziz

Dear Mr. Jonathan Riddell:
Hi
would you please tell me from where I can order a Cd of ubuntu 8.10 version.
Thank you

Sincerely Yours,

Aziz Mohammad
1-1268 Emperor Ave.
Ottawa, Ontario
K1Z 8C5
Canada

Old 11-03-2008, 02:13 AM
"Yuriy Kozlov"

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 10:57 PM, Mohammad Aziz <maze77ca@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear Mr. Jonathan Riddell:
> Hi
> would you please tell me from where I can order a Cd of ubuntu 8.10 version.
> Thank you
>
> Sincerely Yours,
>

> Aziz Mohammad
> 1-1268 Emperor Ave.
> Ottawa, Ontario
> K1Z 8C5
> Canada

https://shipit.kubuntu.org/

Looks like that page needs some updating though.

~ Yuriy

Old 11-04-2008, 12:40 AM
Mohammad Aziz

Dear Mr. Jonathan Riddell:
I would like to pay my great thanks to you for your help. I am trying this -https://shipit.kubuntu.org/-. for more than one month but it is not working. I am trying today many times but I get -launchpad--make new account and etc.

Sincerely Yours,

Aziz Mohammad