Old 09-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Dexter Filmore

Default 8.04 updatedb under the hood: how does it work? - thanks

Am Samstag, 20. September 2008 15:17:57 schrieb Thilo Six:
> Dexter Filmore wrote the following on 20.09.2008 15:14
>
> > Running "updatedb" used to be a matter of at least minutes in other
> > distro, now 8.04 does it within the blink of an eye and noone's been able
> > to tell me how it's done so far.
> >
> > Some enlighten me please?
> >
> > Dex
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/mlocate
>
> HTH
> --
> bye Thilo
>
> key: 0x4A411E09

Interesting. Any disadvantages here?

--

http://www.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de

Old 09-21-2008, 01:12 PM
"Jonas Norlander"

2008/9/20 Dexter Filmore <Dexter.Filmore@gmx.de>:
> Am Samstag, 20. September 2008 15:17:57 schrieb Thilo Six:
>> Dexter Filmore wrote the following on 20.09.2008 15:14
>>
>> > Running "updatedb" used to be a matter of at least minutes in other
>> > distro, now 8.04 does it within the blink of an eye and noone's been able
>> > to tell me how it's done so far.
>> >
>> > Some enlighten me please?
>> >
>> > Dex
>>
>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/mlocate
>>
>> HTH
>> --
>> bye Thilo
>>
>> key: 0x4A411E09
>
> Interesting. Any disadvantages here?

My first thought is do the noatime and nodiratime mount options affect it?

/ Jonas

Old 09-21-2008, 04:36 PM
Thilo Six

Jonas Norlander wrote the following on 21.09.2008 15:12

<- *snip* ->

> My first thought is do the noatime and nodiratime mount options affect it?

http://www.brandonhutchinson.com/ctime_atime_mtime.html

AFAIK no.

--
bye Thilo