Old 09-17-2008, 05:15 AM
Scott Kitterman

Default khelpcenter/khelpcenter4

I can understand why we had khelpcenter/khelpcenter4 in Hardy. I don't
understand why we kept khelpcenter4 in Intrepid.

The khelpcenter package is currently NBS because kdebase doesn't build it
anymore, but there are still rdepends.

I would propose that we make khelpcenter4 a transitional package to assist
with upgrades from hardy, but keep khelpcenter as the actual package.

Currently it appears that the rdepends are roughly 50/50 split (don't have
exact numbers handy, sorry) and so it's roughly an equal amount of work
whichever one we want to use. We definitely need to pick one of the two and
stick with it.

Scott K