-   -   Kubuntu (2008-09-11) and Marketing (2008-09-13) meeting minutes (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/159359-kubuntu-2008-09-11-marketing-2008-09-13-meeting-minutes.html)

Harald Sitter 09-13-2008 04:35 PM

Kubuntu (2008-09-11) and Marketing (2008-09-13) meeting minutes

Kubuntu Meeting:
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Meetings/Minutes/2008-09-11

(Almost) Kubuntu Marketing:
Kubuntu Slogan
* Community competition about new Slogan

* Announced on
* Planet/Blogs
* Mailing lists
* Forums (ubuntu-forums, kde-forums)
* kubuntu.org

* Resulg aggregation in
* Google Docs
or
* Kexi (does that actually support online forms)
*... can't use wiki.ubuntu.com because login is broken with Konqueror

* Appoint jury at next Kubuntu Meeting (or just use Kubuntu Council?)

* Prize for winner
* T-Shirt with Slogan
* Contact Canonical whether to include it in the mergandise shop
* Alternately some cool place in Quebec (11$/shirt)
* Fallback are stickers (which aren't as cool)

Logo
* Discuss at next Kubuntu Meeting
* Which one is the offical?
* Can we actually decided which one is hte offical?
* Does the official have to be the one we use?
* Ask Oxygen team whether they can oxygenify the logo

Branding
* Currently no branding in Intrepid (beside upsplash)
* Should we change the application launcher icon (KMenu)?
* Advantage: 2-way branding is confusing
* Disadvantage: KDE deserves branding
* To be discussed at next Kubuntu Meeting