Old 09-12-2008, 10:30 PM
TED FISCHER

Default nOOb question, probably not my last

I installed kdevelop from the repos, and I wanted to do the kde tutorials "hello world" I save it as main.cpp in my home folder. But then I run the command given for g++ it says it can't find any of the commands called in the program? What else do I have to do to get gcc to compile it? Do I need to save it in another folder?

Thank you for your help

Ted

Old 09-13-2008, 11:24 AM
"Manuel Siggen"

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 12:30 AM, TED FISCHER <ka8sep@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I installed kdevelop from the repos, and I wanted to do the kde tutorials &quot;hello world&quot; I save it as main.cpp in my home folder. But then I run the command given for g++ it says it can't find any of the commands called in the program? What else do I have to do to get gcc to compile it? Do I need to save it in another folder?

Would it be possible that you don't have gcc installed ? If so, the
'build-essential' package may be of some help.

In all other cases, I would suggest reading again carefully the
tutorial to see if you didn't miss one step.

Regards,

Manuel

Old 09-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Ted Fischer

Hi.

>On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 12:30 AM, TED FISCHER <ka8sep@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> > I installed kdevelop from the repos, and I wanted to do the kde tutorials &quot;hello world&quot; I save it as main.cpp in my home folder. But then I run the command given for g++ it says it can't find any of the commands called in the program? What else do I have to do to get gcc to compile it? Do I need to save it in another folder?
> >

>Would it be possible that you don't have gcc installed ? If so, the
>'build-essential' package may be of some help.

>In all other cases, I would suggest reading again carefully the
>tutorial to see if you didn't miss one step.

build-essential is instaled, I will review the tutorial.

Thank you, Ted