Old 08-21-2008, 05:49 PM

Default Merged Gnome and KDE menus

Hello.

On a system which has both KDE and Gnome, with "ubuntu-desktop" and
"kubuntu-desktop" meta-packages installed, the menus in both KDE and Gnome
become very crowded with tons of duplicate apps.

I think that, when a Kubuntu user just finished installing the "ubuntu-desktop"
package, a message box should appear (during the installation process) and ask
him/her to :

1. Let all KDE and Gnome applications together (as it currently is), sharing the
same sub-menus (and so making a mess for some people).

2. Install both "K Menu Gnome" AND "Gnome menu extended" packages and then,
separate Gnome applications from the K menu (and vice versa).

This way, the user would have choice..

I installed both of these packages (K menu Gnome and Gnome menu extended) and I
think my menus are now clearer.

Links :
K menu gnome :
http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/K+Menu+Gnome+(Debian+Package)?content=31031