Old 08-20-2008, 05:37 PM
"Constantin Makshin"

Default Remove/purge in Adept

Hi!

I think it'd be nice to be able to switch between "remove" and "purge"
actions directly when managing packages in Adept.

Currently it's only possible to switch between them through "cancel
changes" option, which makes "remove package with all packages that depend
on this one" procedure a bit frustating -- you have to cancel changes and
then choose purging in reversed order. If packages have circular
dependencies (package A depends on package B which depends on A), there's
no way to purge both of them with Adept.

The solution seems to be very simple -- keep both "remove" and "purge"
menu items enabled at once.

What do you think of this idea?

--
Constantin "Dinosaur" Makshin

Old 08-20-2008, 05:43 PM
"Christian A. Reiter"

Am Mittwoch, 20. August 2008 19:37:42 schrieb Constantin Makshin:
> Hi!
>
> I think it'd be nice to be able to switch between "remove" and "purge"
> actions directly when managing packages in Adept.
>
> Currently it's only possible to switch between them through "cancel
> changes" option, which makes "remove package with all packages that depend
> on this one" procedure a bit frustating -- you have to cancel changes and
> then choose purging in reversed order. If packages have circular
> dependencies (package A depends on package B which depends on A), there's
> no way to purge both of them with Adept.
>
> The solution seems to be very simple -- keep both "remove" and "purge"
> menu items enabled at once.
>
> What do you think of this idea?
>
> --
> Constantin "Dinosaur" Makshin