Old 08-14-2008, 07:32 PM
Jonathan Riddell

Default KDE Guidance development (was: anybody working on userconfig?)

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 12:24:22AM +0200, Simon Edwards wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Vlad wrote:
> > According to https://wiki.kubuntu.org/KubuntuIntrepidKDE4Porting :
> > "Guidance's user setup tool should be replaced with kuser."
>
> It is a pity there was no reason given for this (maybe because guidance
> hasn't been ported??), because kuser is just as ugly as ever. It don't
> think it has been seriously updated since KDE 1, maybe 2.

For that spec it was simple a case the easiest thing to do since
nobody we pinged had time to work on a userconfig port. We did have a
discussion about user configuration tools generally but it was
unfortunately never written down. A port of userconfig would be great
of course.

Jonathan