Old 08-01-2008, 10:30 AM
"Christian A. Reiter"

Default KDE 4.1 "for testers only" - homepage change

As I said, I would change the text on the homepage to something like this:
http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kde-4.1

original:
"KDE 4.1 has been released and packages are available for Kubuntu 8.04, the
Hardy Heron. These packages install to /usr/lib/kde4 and can be installed
along side your existing KDE 3 installation."

I would add the following sentence (in bigger letters, italic, red, or
similar)

However, installing KDE 4.1 on Hardy heron is NOT officially supported - these
packages are just. Install it if you want to see KDE 4.1 or test it, but
DON'T use it in productional environments.
KDE 4.1 will be officially included and supported with the next Ubuntu version
in October, "Intrepid Ibex".

Christian

Old 08-02-2008, 05:59 AM
"Manuel Siggen"

However, installing KDE 4.1 on Hardy heron is NOT officially supported - these

packages are just. Install it if you want to see KDE 4.1 or test it, but

Isn't some word missing after* "these packages are just." ?

Regards,

****** Manuel

Old 08-02-2008, 08:44 PM
"Christian A. Reiter"

<chris.reiter@gmx.at>wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> > However, installing KDE 4.1 on Hardy heron is NOT officially supported -
> > these
> > packages are just. Install it if you want to see KDE 4.1 or test it, but
>
> Isn't some word missing after "these packages are just." ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Manuel

ooops. Sorry. Didn't thing the sentence to an end ;-)
Should be "these packages are just for testing purposes"
Corrected text: