-   -   installing webcam on ubuntu 8.04 (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/122042-installing-webcam-ubuntu-8-04-a.html)

Rosa Maria Nascimento Santos 07-09-2008 09:47 PM

installing webcam on ubuntu 8.04

Hi everybody!

I'm a new user of ubuntu. I installed ubuntu 8.04 (with kde) on my
laptop and it didn't recognized the webcam. My Laptop is a sony vaio-CR
processor intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo 2.1GHz. Would anybody know what should
I do to make it work?!

Thanks a lot!

Rosa

"Ike Garcia" 07-09-2008 10:12 PM

installing webcam on ubuntu 8.04

what program are you using to test it?

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 12:47 AM, Rosa Maria Nascimento Santos
<rmsantos@uea.edu.br> wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I'm a new user of ubuntu. I installed ubuntu 8.04 (with kde) on my
> laptop and it didn't recognized the webcam. My Laptop is a sony vaio-CR
> processor intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo 2.1GHz. Would anybody know what should
> I do to make it work?!
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Rosa

Respectfully,
CW2 Israel C. Garcia
USA

"hacking is not a crime"

Harald Sitter 07-10-2008 07:48 AM

On Wednesday 09 July 2008 23:47:21 Rosa Maria Nascimento Santos wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I'm a new user of ubuntu. I installed ubuntu 8.04 (with kde) on my
> laptop and it didn't recognized the webcam. My Laptop is a sony vaio-CR
> processor intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo 2.1GHz. Would anybody know what should
> I do to make it work?!
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Rosa

Hey,

I think you might have used the wrong mailing list. This one is for Kubuntu
developer discussion, while you need support.

Please try
instead.

Thank you!
Harald

"Hervé Fache" 07-10-2008 12:26 PM

installing webcam on ubuntu 8.04

Olà!

Could you please provide us the output of the following command:
sudo lshw

Also, the webcam sometimes needs to be started using a special
function key on the keyboard (mine does).

Thanks in advamce,
Hervé

Derek Broughton 07-10-2008 02:18 PM

Hervé Fache wrote:

> Olà!
>
> Could you please provide us the output of the following command:
> sudo lshw

Which might be excessively verbose. It's probably a USB device (beats me
why webcams are attached to the USB system even when hardwired), so the
output of "lsusb" would be useful.

> Also, the webcam sometimes needs to be started using a special
> function key on the keyboard (mine does).

Ugh. :-)
--
derek

willem 07-12-2008 08:32 AM

installing webcam on ubuntu 8.04

Rosa Maria Nascimento Santos wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I'm a new user of ubuntu. I installed ubuntu 8.04 (with kde) on my
> laptop and it didn't recognized the webcam. My Laptop is a sony vaio-CR
> processor intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo 2.1GHz. Would anybody know what should
> I do to make it work?!
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Rosa
>
> Open a console terminal and type lsusb ,and see if the camera is in the list.

regards wim