Old 06-11-2008, 02:29 PM
Pastor JW

Default Kubuntu Tutorials Day

On Wednesday 11 June 2008 05:39:20 am Scott wrote:
> Bruce Marshall wrote:
> > I tried it, didn't like it, and switched back to KDE3. I'm not going to
> > moan about it. That's what linux is all about - - - choices.
>
> Same here I'm planning on trying KDE4 again when 8.10 comes out. I also
> tried compiz for a while then got board of it .

I don't like the only two screens of KDE4 if any effects are turned on. I'm
used to working with a normal of four which gives me a quick change from
BibleTime, to Kmail, to Firefox, to stockmanager which are the four apps I
run constantly. I tried to set up KDE4 for use but the more I tried the more
unusable it became so it is KDE3 here till some major fixes are installed.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n>< * PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org

Old 06-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Sylviane et Perry White

On Wednesday 11 June 2008 00:46, Cary Bielenberg wrote:

> Bugger! If had known that I would have stuck to Hardy for a while! In
> the 3 &amp; a bit years I have been testing I have never waited &amp;
> been the 1st cab off the block &amp; not experienced the magnitude of
> problems.<br>

Hi, Cary

You are learning the hard way not to rush for the latest new thing.
Of course the grand scale testing needs to be done and many people find that
exciting and do it regularly. I bet they don't jeopardise there productivity
system but install on a different partition (alternate boot) or sometimes use
a different machine altogether.

Also could you please avoid using HTML on this list.

Perry

--
BOFH excuse #159: Stubborn processes