Old 04-22-2008, 08:27 PM
"peter kvillegard"

Default migration, among other things

i am wondering if someone have statistics (or pseudo-statistics, or opinions on imagined statistics ) about the flow of users within debian based distros that emphasize freedom?[1] wouldn't it be interesting to be able to 'follow the users' and try to match migration patterns in relation to the features and decisions of a distro that affect the level of freedom for its users?

ok, i guess i'm asking you to speculate.

on another level, i am thinking about all this as a way of weighing different strategies for free software against eachother, trying to decide on the most effective way of promoting freedom in the long run, -> i.e. deciding what to do with my spare time

ps. since english is not my first language, please forgive me if i construct sentences that might have grammatical errors, odd implications and/or unintended connotations.

[1] here i'm counting debian itself to this category.

/ peter k