Old 06-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Grant

Default /boot keeps mounting itself

I've been noticing this for awhile and it's time I ask you guys about it:

# mount /boot
# umount /boot
# mount /boot
mount: /dev/hda1 already mounted or /boot busy
mount: according to mtab, /dev/hda1 is already mounted on /boot

A few hours elapsed after the second command was issued, but these
commands were issued sequentially. I guess something in the system is
mounting /boot?

- Grant

Old 06-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Michal 'vorner' Vaner

Hello

On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 01:39:17PM -0700, Grant wrote:
> I've been noticing this for awhile and it's time I ask you guys about it:
>
> # mount /boot
> # umount /boot
> # mount /boot
> mount: /dev/hda1 already mounted or /boot busy
> mount: according to mtab, /dev/hda1 is already mounted on /boot
>
> A few hours elapsed after the second command was issued, but these
> commands were issued sequentially. I guess something in the system is
> mounting /boot?

If you run mount without parameters, it tells you list of mounted
filesystem. So you can have a look, if it is really mounted.

--
There is one difference between linux and windows.
With windows, you pay for the software, but you get all the T-shirts for free.

Michal 'vorner' Vaner

Old 06-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Grant

>> I've been noticing this for awhile and it's time I ask you guys about it:
>>
>> # mount /boot
>> # umount /boot
>> # mount /boot
>> mount: /dev/hda1 already mounted or /boot busy
>> mount: according to mtab, /dev/hda1 is already mounted on /boot
>>
>> A few hours elapsed after the second command was issued, but these
>> commands were issued sequentially. I guess something in the system is
>> mounting /boot?
>
> If you run mount without parameters, it tells you list of mounted
> filesystem. So you can have a look, if it is really mounted.

That's what worries me, it really is mounted.

- Grant

Old 06-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Mick

On Monday 02 June 2008, Grant wrote:
> >> I've been noticing this for awhile and it's time I ask you guys about
> >> it:
> >>
> >> # mount /boot
> >> # umount /boot
> >> # mount /boot
> >> mount: /dev/hda1 already mounted or /boot busy
> >> mount: according to mtab, /dev/hda1 is already mounted on /boot
> >>
> >> A few hours elapsed after the second command was issued, but these
> >> commands were issued sequentially. I guess something in the system is
> >> mounting /boot?
> >
> > If you run mount without parameters, it tells you list of mounted
> > filesystem. So you can have a look, if it is really mounted.
>
> That's what worries me, it really is mounted.

So, if you run:

# umount /boot
# mount

what do you get?