Old 05-30-2008, 07:10 AM
"Adam Sobotka"

Default standard I meant, f10 codename

1] Most standard. That's a hard to say..what I meant is that standard icon set should be near tango, at least with isometry. I remember how confusing was my experiments with ubuntu, until I applied tango icon scheme which is similar on all distros. That doesn't mean that I don't like echo or human icon schemes, it's a great to have an option...but in default there should be flat, tango like icons. Just my toughts.

2] I found ugly thread aboud codename and found that codename was already defined "to have something common with werewolf and sulphur".
You know..I work in company which is enterprise-like (in EU measures). Codenames of products are part of marketing..they can attract future customers. I think "let's find some cool name for our community" approach I feel from posts is bad. If we are about to help normal people choose right system for them, we have to do it in clasic free market strategy:grow or die. And, if we want to grow ..there is only one market full of competetitors (and some of them are using really hard marketing tricks on daily fashion). Stain on theory is that 28th October is birthdate of Bill Gates and day of "March on Rome"...altough...I would definitely like "Gates" codename for f10 :-)

Or..let desktops to windows and ubuntu and make fedora for fedora direct community. I helped community in very little way..so it's up to you, real contributors, to decide.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:46 AM
Andreas Nilsson

Adam Sobotka wrote:
1] Most standard. That's a hard to say..what I meant is that standard
icon set should be near tango, at least with isometry. I remember how
confusing was my experiments with ubuntu, until I applied tango icon
scheme which is similar on all distros. That doesn't mean that I don't
like echo or human icon schemes, it's a great to have an option...but
in default there should be flat, tango like icons. Just my toughts.

I assume you mean the current default, ie. Mist.
- Andreas