Old 05-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Andrew Gaydenko

Default xorg and optowheel

Hi!

Has anybody tips how to configure xorg to use horizontal scrolling
supplied by Genius optical scroll mouse (Genius OptoWheel Traveler 355
Laser)?

Old 05-25-2008, 03:07 PM
Miika Linnapuomi

Sun, 25 May 2008 15:45:52 +0400
Andrew Gaydenko <a@gaydenko.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Has anybody tips how to configure xorg to use horizontal scrolling
> supplied by Genius optical scroll mouse (Genius OptoWheel Traveler
> 355 Laser)?

If you've got INPUT_DEVICES="evdev", modify your xorg.conf to use evdev
for the mouse (man 4 evdev), which should enable them for you

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Advanced_Mouse might also help

Old 05-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Andrew Gaydenko

======= On Sunday 25 May 2008, Miika Linnapuomi wrote: =======
> Sun, 25 May 2008 15:45:52 +0400
>
> Andrew Gaydenko <a@gaydenko.com> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Has anybody tips how to configure xorg to use horizontal scrolling
> > supplied by Genius optical scroll mouse (Genius OptoWheel Traveler
> > 355 Laser)?
>
> If you've got INPUT_DEVICES="evdev", modify your xorg.conf to use
> evdev for the mouse (man 4 evdev), which should enable them for you

Thanks, it helped!

I still have not found a way to set a mouse sensitivity and a way to
assign a switcher to another layout for my keyboard like was before for
mouse:

Option "Sensitivity" "0.5"

and keyboard:

Option "XkbLayout" "us,ru(winkeys)"
Option "XkbOptions" "grp:menu_toggle,grp_led:scroll"

But these are another long strories :-)

Andrew