Old 05-24-2008, 03:47 PM
"Claudinei Matos"

Default s2ram - on resume : iwl3945 Kill Switch On

Hy guys,

I'm giving suspend a try on my Acer Aspire and everything is working fine in both s2disk and s2ram,
except from my wireless card Intel 3945ABG which refuse to work when system is resumed.

After resuming my system I get those lines on dmesg:

iwl3945: Error sending REPLY_RXON: time out after 500ms.
iwl3945: Error setting new configuration (-110).
iwl3945: WARNING: Requesting MAC access during RFKILL wakes up NIC
iwl3945: MAC is in deep sleep!

ACPI: PCI interrupt for device 0000:05:00.0 disabled

iwl3945: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG/BG Network Connection driver for Linux, 1.1.17kds
iwl3945: Copyright(c) 2003-2007 Intel Corporation
ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:05:00.0[A] -> GSI 18 (level, low) -> IRQ 18

PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:05:00.0 to 64
iwl3945: Detected Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
iwl3945: Radio Frequency Kill Switch is On:
Kill switch must be turned off for wireless networking to work.

And even if I do try to remove module and reinsert it, doesn't helps.
My laptop has a button for enable/disable wireless network, but it just
seen to works with the pre-installed windows vista which I already wiped out.

I've already tried to use Fn + F2,a lot of combinations which all function keys, Wifi / Bluetooth keys, etc
but nothing seems to re-enable wireless card and not even give a new dmesg line.
Also tried to install net-wireless/rfswitch and net-wireless/fsam7400 as both are supposed to

help with these software buttons problem but they both refused to compile against my 64 bits kernel.

I don't have any other idea about how to solve this problem, so any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Claudinei Matos

Old 05-24-2008, 05:19 PM
Florian Philipp

On Sat, 24 May 2008 12:47:35 -0300
"Claudinei Matos" <claudineimatos@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hy guys,
>
> I'm giving suspend a try on my Acer Aspire and everything is working
> fine in both s2disk and s2ram,
> except from my wireless card Intel 3945ABG which refuse to work when
> system is resumed.
>
> After resuming my system I get those lines on dmesg:
>
> iwl3945: Error sending REPLY_RXON: time out after 500ms.
> iwl3945: Error setting new configuration (-110).
> iwl3945: WARNING: Requesting MAC access during RFKILL wakes up NIC
> iwl3945: MAC is in deep sleep!
> ACPI: PCI interrupt for device 0000:05:00.0 disabled
> iwl3945: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG/BG Network Connection driver
> for Linux, 1.1.17kds
> iwl3945: Copyright(c) 2003-2007 Intel Corporation
> ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:05:00.0[A] -> GSI 18 (level, low) -> IRQ 18
> PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:05:00.0 to 64
> iwl3945: Detected Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
> iwl3945: Radio Frequency Kill Switch is On:
> Kill switch must be turned off for wireless networking to work.
>
> And even if I do try to remove module and reinsert it, doesn't helps.
> My laptop has a button for enable/disable wireless network, but it
> just seen to works with the pre-installed windows vista which I
> already wiped out.
>
> I've already tried to use Fn + F2,a lot of combinations which all
> function keys, Wifi / Bluetooth keys, etc
> but nothing seems to re-enable wireless card and not even give a new
> dmesg line.
> Also tried to install net-wireless/rfswitch and net-wireless/fsam7400
> as both are supposed to
> help with these software buttons problem but they both refused to
> compile against my 64 bits kernel.
>
> I don't have any other idea about how to solve this problem, so any
> advice will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Claudinei Matos

Do you have the rfswitch subsystem in the kernel activated?
You'll find this under "Networking".

Old 05-24-2008, 06:32 PM
"Claudinei Matos"

tried both as module and built-in but wifi button or any other keys combinations still doesn't working.

thanks anyway

--
Claudinei Matos
<claudineimatos@gmail.com>