kernel config ata/atapi and scsi
I remember reading that much of the CDrom et al support now uses
the scsi subsystem, but have not remembered enough.
I would appreciate answers to the following specific questions.
I have a dell insprion 6400 laptop. Using lshw I find that the ide
ATA disk Hitachi HTS72101 /dev/sda bus info: scsi@0:0.0.0
* Am I correct in believing that I should configure SCSI disk support?
* Does it also require ATA/atapi support?
DVD writer DVD+-RW TS-L632D /dev/cdrom1 /dev/dvd1 /dev/scd0 /dev/sr0
bus info: scsi@1:0.0.0
* Am I correct in believing that I need scsi CDROM and scsi GENERIC?
* Are any other kernel options needed to support the dvd and writing?
* Do I need atapi support?
lshw confirms that I have no scsi controller
* Am I correct in believing that I need no scsi low level driver?
lshw confirms that I have an intel 82801G (ICH7)
* Am I correct in believing that I need CONFIG_ATA_PIIX?
Thanks in advance for the help,
email@example.com mailing list
|All times are GMT. The time now is 04:42 AM.|
VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.