Old 05-23-2008, 03:33 PM
"Andrés Becerra Sandoval"

Default openrc all over again with version 0.2.4-r1

On 5/23/08, reader@newsguy.com <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:
> After surviving the initial update to openrc I've now found after an
> update world that the latest openrc no longer links /etc/init.d/lo to
> /lib/rc/sh/net.sh.
>
> In fact /lib/rc/sh/net.sh is completely gone. So I'm left with
> several useless symlinks in /etc/init.d and no indication of what they
> should be linked to.
>
> The migration guide at:
> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openrc-migration.xml
>
> Appears to be badly out of date and appears to indicate symlinking
> /etc/init.d/net.ethN to /etc/init.d/net.lo will fix the network startup.
>
> No mention of what /etc/init.d/lo is supposed to be linked to now.
>
> I've probably missed some important output of emerge during update
> world but my elogs for openrc do not indicate any messages.
>
> The newest version of openrc does not contain the file:
> /lib/rc/sh/net.sh.
>
> as it did with openrc-0.2.3
>
> Anyone know what the new scheme is... what the symlinks in
> /etc/init.d/net.ethN are supposed to point to?

Probably you didn't etc-updated your system. My box is working
correctly, /etc/init.d/net.lo is the attached file, and net.eth0 is a
symlink to this file.

--
Andrés

Old 05-23-2008, 04:06 PM

"Andrés Becerra Sandoval" <andres.becerra@gmail.com> writes:

> Probably you didn't etc-updated your system. My box is working
> correctly, /etc/init.d/net.lo is the attached file, and net.eth0 is a
> symlink to this file.

Do you mean just update the new .cfg files against installed files?
Apparently I overlooked that *_.cfg*net.lo was a replacement for
/lib/rc/sh/net.sh

Seems like something like that would be mentioned in an elog somewhere.

Thanks.... moving *cfg*net.lo into possition in /etc/init.d/net.lo got
me straightened out.