Old 05-23-2008, 03:27 PM

Default openrc all over again with version 0.2.4-r1

After surviving the initial update to openrc I've now found after an
update world that the latest openrc no longer links /etc/init.d/lo to
/lib/rc/sh/net.sh.

In fact /lib/rc/sh/net.sh is completely gone. So I'm left with
several useless symlinks in /etc/init.d and no indication of what they
should be linked to.

The migration guide at:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openrc-migration.xml

Appears to be badly out of date and appears to indicate symlinking
/etc/init.d/net.ethN to /etc/init.d/net.lo will fix the network startup.

No mention of what /etc/init.d/lo is supposed to be linked to now.

I've probably missed some important output of emerge during update
world but my elogs for openrc do not indicate any messages.

The newest version of openrc does not contain the file:
/lib/rc/sh/net.sh.

as it did with openrc-0.2.3

Anyone know what the new scheme is... what the symlinks in
/etc/init.d/net.ethN are supposed to point to?