Old 05-22-2008, 08:38 AM
Sergey Kobzar

Default Re Is 2008.0_beta2 stable enough?

Thursday, May 22, 2008, 11:27:31 AM, Neil wrote:

> On Thu, 22 May 2008 11:18:43 +0300, Sergey Kobzar wrote:

>> I have a new laptop and want install Gentoo on it but not sure which
>> profile to use. Is 2008.0 beta 2 stable enough for desktop or I should
>> still use 2007?

> I've been running with 2008.0/desktop profiles for a few weeks with no
> problems,

but then you switched back to 2007?

> but a profile isn't much more than a collection of USE flags, so
> installing with 2007.0 and switching later is simple.

I'm agree with you, but it may require recompiling mostly all
installed software. Well, it's not a really big problem anyway.

I'd want to use 2008 beta2 if it's stable enough.

> A more important
> question is whether you want to run a stable or testing arch. From your
> question, I'd say you should run stable; ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=x96 or amd64.

Yes, it's correct (x86 maybe?).

--
Sergey

Old 05-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Sergey Kobzar

Neil, thanks for help. You gave me answers on all my questions

--
Sergey