Old 05-20-2008, 02:13 PM

Default pear hangs no FUTEX_WAIT

I have two LAMP servers, on the developing machine I was able to install and
use PEAR-Image-GraphViz, but the production server has an issue with PEAR.

Even the simple "pear" command from the command line hangs, strace show that
it hangs at

futex(0x2ac88d5093a0, FUTEX_WAIT, 2, NULL

everything else seems (to me!) ok, google only related hint is to make sure
thread is activated for php and apache, so I did.

revdep-rebuild, emerge --depclean and eix-test-obsolete agree about the
cleanliness of the installation.

I installed on the production server PEAR-ImageGraphViz with emerge -K, but
of course it didn't solve the problem.

Anyone can help me??

TIA
Francesco

Sponsor:
Scopri Carta Eureka e realizza i tuoi sogni! Fido fino a 3.000 euro, rate a
partire da 20 euro e canone gratis il 1 anno!
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=7878&d=20080520

Old 05-21-2008, 07:55 AM
Frank Gruellich

* ti.liame@email.it <ti.liame@email.it> 20. May 08:
> Even the simple "pear" command from the command line hangs, strace show that
> it hangs at
>
> futex(0x2ac88d5093a0, FUTEX_WAIT, 2, NULL

I had this problem with rpm waiting for a lock in its DB. This futex()
call waits forever, that at memory address 0x2ac88d5093a0 appears a 2.
Try to figure out what's mapped on 0x2ac88d5093a0 and what could write a
2 to it but doesn't. It should also appear somewhere in the strace.
Maybe this gives a clue what it is waiting for.

HTH. Kind regards,
Frank.
--
Sigmentation fault

Old 05-21-2008, 05:27 PM
Francesco Talamona

On Wednesday 21 May 2008, Frank Gruellich wrote:
> * ti.liame@email.it <ti.liame@email.it> 20. May 08:
> > Even the simple "pear" command from the command line hangs, strace
> > show that it hangs at
> >
> > futex(0x2ac88d5093a0, FUTEX_WAIT, 2, NULL
>
> I had this problem with rpm waiting for a lock in its DB. This
> futex() call waits forever, that at memory address 0x2ac88d5093a0
> appears a 2. Try to figure out what's mapped on 0x2ac88d5093a0 and
> what could write a 2 to it but doesn't. It should also appear
> somewhere in the strace. Maybe this gives a clue what it is waiting
> for.
>
> HTH. Kind regards,
> Frank.
> --
> Sigmentation fault

I can try tomorrow morning... Never thought to see what's in the
address, it could give me a clue.

I was able to install PEAR-PEAR in the past, now it hangs too, there
must be something obvious.

Ciao
Francesco

--
Linux Version 2.6.25-gentoo-r4, Compiled #1 PREEMPT Sun May 18 08:04:58
CEST 2008