Johannes Skov Frandsen wrote:
Im running mailman v. 2.1.9, and things had been running well until
today where I decided to add another list.
I tried to add a list from the webinterface but got an error about
not properly configured vhost. After some searching I found the
offending line in mm_cfg.py and was able to create the list.
Unfortunately I had made a minor error and removed the list using the
rmlist command in the console, made the correction to mm_cfg.py and
tried to create the list again.
But now I can't do anything, It' wont event accept the previous
configuration or the default configuration.
This is what I got from the error log:
May 16 10:39:56 2008 (8687) Ignoring unparseable message:
May 16 10:39:56 2008 (8687) Uncaught runner exception: multipart
message with no defined boundary
May 16 10:39:56 2008 (8687) Traceback (most recent call last):
line 100, in _oneloop
line 164, in dequeue
line 51, in message_from_string
line 75, in parsestr
line 64, in parse
line 246, in _parsebody
BoundaryError: multipart message with no defined boundary
Any hints or help appreciated. If more info is needed please let me know.
Turns out two things was screwed up:
1) The rights was not set properly and ./bin/check_perms fixed that
2) mailman ignores my configuration in /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py and
instead uses /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py
I don't know why these things have occurred all of sudden, but as I
regularly update with emerge -vauDN and haven't "used" any of the
mailman tools for a long while, changes could have sneaked in that I
just notice now.
The original lists I added half a year ago have been unaffected by my
problems, so it appears to only concern the admin tools.
Regards / Venlig hilsen
Johannes Skov Frandsen
/You live and learn. At any rate, you live. [Marvin]/
firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list