Old 05-18-2008, 11:41 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

Default $LINGUAS question

On Sonntag, 18. Mai 2008, Q wrote:
> I only need English support, but USan English is preferred. I have in
> make.conf
>
> LINGUAS="en_US en"
>
> thinking that if an app supports en_US that will be used since it's
> first. Is that the way it works?

no. It installs the en_US and en language files.

Set something like LC_ALL=en_US

Old 05-19-2008, 09:28 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Sun, 18 May 2008 16:28:07 -0700, felix@crowfix.com wrote:

> > LINGUAS is a system-wide setting, it does not make choices for
> > individual users, but it does control their range of choice.
>
> Well, nice theory :-) but mplayer emerge says this --
>
> LOG: setup
> For MPlayer's language support, the configuration will
> use your LINGUAS variable from /etc/make.conf. If you have more
> than one language enabled, then the first one in the list will
> be used to output the messages, if a translation is available.
> man pages will be created for all languages where translations
> are also available.
>
> and it certainly does not use the first one in the list.

Either you already have a different setting in your local or global
mplayer configuration (emerging previously with a different LINGUAS could
cause this) or you have found a bug.

--
Neil Bothwick

Shotgun wedding: A case of wife or death.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:01 PM
Stroller