Old 05-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Remy Blank

Default Where did HP Ink Jet support run off to?

It seems that I cannot find where this support has run to for my
home office PSC 1610 All-in-One printer.

I think you're looking for hplip:

# emerge -s hplip
Searching...
[ Results for search key : hplip ]
[ Applications found : 1 ]

* net-print/hplip
Latest version available: 2.7.10
Latest version installed: 2.7.10
Size of files: 14,103 kB
Homepage: http://hplip.sourceforge.net/
net-print/hpijs, scanner drivers and service tools.

License: GPL-2

HTH.
-- Remy

Old 05-18-2008, 08:56 PM
"Mark Knecht"

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 1:35 PM, Remy Blank <remy.blank@pobox.com> wrote:
>> It seems that I cannot find where this support has run to for my
>> home office PSC 1610 All-in-One printer.
>
> I think you're looking for hplip:
>
> # emerge -s hplip
> Searching...
> [ Results for search key : hplip ]
> [ Applications found : 1 ]
>
> * net-print/hplip
> Latest version available: 2.7.10
> Latest version installed: 2.7.10
> Size of files: 14,103 kB
> Homepage: http://hplip.sourceforge.net/
> net-print/hpijs, scanner drivers and service tools.
> License: GPL-2
>
> HTH.
> -- Remy

Thanks Remy. Looks like a long build. I do see the printer in the long
list of supported devices so this seems good.

Cheer,s
Mark

Old 05-18-2008, 10:00 PM
"Mark Knecht"

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 1:35 PM, Remy Blank <remy.blank@pobox.com> wrote:
>>> It seems that I cannot find where this support has run to for my
>>> home office PSC 1610 All-in-One printer.
>>
>> I think you're looking for hplip:

Seems to have worked. Thanks Remy.

- Mark