Old 05-18-2008, 08:07 PM
»Q«

Default $LINGUAS question

I only need English support, but USan English is preferred. I have in
make.conf

LINGUAS="en_US en"

thinking that if an app supports en_US that will be used since it's
first. Is that the way it works?

I guess this is just a trivia question -- I don't even know if there
are apps which could use en_US /and/ en.

--
»Q«
Kleeneness is next to Gödelness.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:26 PM
Michał 'shpaq' Laszuk

Dnia 2008-05-18, nie o godzinie 15:07 -0500, »Q« pisze:
> ng that if an app supports en_US that will be used since it's
> first. Is that the way it works?

The LINGUAS variable should be only "en". en_US is a localization.
--
Nie istnieje bariera nieskończenie ostateczna,
Nie istnieje nic, co nie może się zmienić.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:02 PM
Graham Murray

"Michał 'shpaq' Laszuk" <shpaq@gen2.org> writes:

> The LINGUAS variable should be only "en". en_US is a localization.

In that case why do packages such as mozilla-firefox support (amongst
others) linguas_en, linguas_en_GB and linguas_en_US? They use the
LINGUAS variable to select which localised language packs to install. So
'LINGUAS="en_US en"' is perfectly valid.