Old 05-17-2008, 06:21 AM
PaulNM

Default Thunderbird text message display oddities

Hey all,

I'm not having any luck figuring out what's going on here, so I hope
you can help. I have Thunderbird to display all messages in text, as I
prefer that over html. However, some text messages display in a smaller
and lighter font than the rest. It's really annoying since one of the
reasons for text-only is to have every message the same.

I don't see any commonality between the messages that display
differently. Every time I think I see one, I find another message with
the same feature that displays normally. I see this happen across all my
email accounts, and on all mailing lists.

Examples (found in gentoo-user)

[Multiple error messages for each keystroke in nano] from Bob Young
normal

[Re: Multiple error messages for each keystroke in nano] from Francesco
Talamona

smaller, lighter font

Ian Hilt's response to [Re: Multiple error messages for each keystroke
in nano]

normal

I've found some 8-bit messages that are normal, some that are not.
Ditto for 7-bit and unspecified encodings.

I've seen people send both normal and odd messages. Most of my messages
are normal, but some are not. Sometimes it seems like odd messages
"infect" responses in the thread, but I've also found cases where it
doesn't, or a message in the thread reverts to normal appearance.

Any ideas, because I'm completely lost on this one. Google searches
just bring up stuff on html messages or changing default Thunderbird
settings.

PaulNM