Old 05-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Daniel Mendler

Default Masked Packages

Hi,

I have a lot of masked packages installed on my system. The packages are
installed but not unmasked. Is there an easy way to find those packages?

Daniel

Old 05-14-2008, 11:59 AM

Dunno if this will get you every masked package, but at least should be
quite close; if you run

emerge -pv --emptytree world

you can check the packages that are being downgraded, quite probably the
reason for this downgrading will be that the installed version is a masked
one.

Just an idea.

Abraham Marín Pérez <tecnic5@silvanoc.com>
Responsable de I+D
SILVANO CONSULTORES
Tfno.: 93.412.79.12 -- Fax: 93.410.92.90
http://www.silvanoc.com/

Daniel Mendler <dmendler@wurzelteiler.de>
14/05/2008 13:53
Por favor, responda a gentoo-user

Old 05-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Justin

Daniel Mendler schrieb:

Hi,

I have a lot of masked packages installed on my system. The packages
are installed but not unmasked. Is there an easy way to find those
packages?

Daniel

See this

http://gentoo-wiki.com/Keywords
http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Regenerate_package_keywords

Both tips can help you to find those packages.

Another way is

$ eix -uc|grep '[D]'.

Old 05-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Wednesday 14 May 2008, Daniel Mendler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a lot of masked packages installed on my system. The packages
> are installed but not unmasked. Is there an easy way to find those
> packages?

How can you have a masked package installed but have not unmasked it?

To find all sorts of oddities with your portage config files, run:

eix-test-obsolete

You may have to emerge eix first to get it

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 05-14-2008, 12:12 PM
"Dirk Uys"

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 2:06 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> wrote:

> How can you have a masked package installed but have not unmasked it?

By setting the ACCEPT_KEYWORDS flag in the command line when emerging?
Haven't done that for a while though, so I wouldn't know if
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS has been deprecated since?