Old 05-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Chuck Robey

Default help!

Old 05-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Albert Hopkins

On Sun, 2008-05-11 at 16:39 -0400, Chuck Robey wrote:

> I used to get my domain frpm OpenSRS until they put a knife in my back, which
> has resulted in two things:
>
> My being completely separated from "chuckr@chuckr.org", and instead using
> "chuckr@telenix.org" (thank you, GoDaddy!). I'm going to see if the BBB is
> interested in talking to OpenSRS at all.
>
> The other one is the one I don't know how to handle: my existing subscriptions
> to chuckr.org need to be administered (stopped) but only can be done from that
> dead address, chuckr.org. I can only use telenix.org, but I can't stop the
> chuckr.org one from there.
>
> How can I stop what has become spam? I can't see any listing for any human on
> the lists to help me, in the gentoo lists page. Does anyone have any ideas? On
> many other lists, I've already done it be identifying one person who could
> access the lists in question, and make sure that chuckr.org no longer existed.
> Most, they were also willing to give me a complete list of where I was attached
> to, to aid me in moving them. I finished the FreeeBSD, maemo, and xorg lists
> that way, and now we're waiting on gentoo ...

Ok, I've read this a couple of times. And, admittedly, I have a hard
time understanding it in general. But, specifically, I have been
wondering WTF this has to do with Gentoo?

-a

Old 05-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Chuck Robey

Old 05-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Chuck Robey

Old 05-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Daniel Iliev

On Sun, 11 May 2008 16:39:25 -0400
Chuck Robey <chuckr@telenix.org> wrote:

> On many other lists, I've already done it be
> identifying one person who could access the lists in question, and
> make sure that chuckr.org no longer existed.

Send a message to gentoo-user+help@lists.gentoo.org to get the full
list of available commands among which:

--
Best regards,
Daniel

Old 05-11-2008, 11:52 PM
Chuck Robey

Old 06-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Sam Drinkard

Folks, I have a bit of a problem and can't seem to figure out what
is getting broken or why. I've been pulling my hair out trying to get
clamav or clamav-milter to install and permit yum update to continue.
What is happening is this: I yum install the clamav package, but when I
try to do an update on the system, it constantly returns with an error
of a Missing Dependency for clamd and clamav-db. I've installed and
erased clamav several times, and that's the only way I can do a yum
update on the system. The files are coming from sourceforge, and the
version is 0.93-2.el4rf. Perhaps I'm not installing in the correct
sequence or something, so could someone please tell me how to go about
getting all the dependencies for the clamav package? This is the x86_64
version I've been working with.

Many thanks....

Sam

Old 06-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Craig White

On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 10:33 -0400, Sam Drinkard wrote:
> Folks, I have a bit of a problem and can't seem to figure out what
> is getting broken or why. I've been pulling my hair out trying to get
> clamav or clamav-milter to install and permit yum update to continue.
> What is happening is this: I yum install the clamav package, but when I
> try to do an update on the system, it constantly returns with an error
> of a Missing Dependency for clamd and clamav-db. I've installed and
> erased clamav several times, and that's the only way I can do a yum
> update on the system. The files are coming from sourceforge, and the
> version is 0.93-2.el4rf. Perhaps I'm not installing in the correct
> sequence or something, so could someone please tell me how to go about
> getting all the dependencies for the clamav package? This is the x86_64
> version I've been working with.
----
first off... .el4rf sounds more like files coming from dag than
sourceforge.

do you have dag repository installed? if not, you should since it
maintains current clam* packages for CentOS-4

secondly, you probably should show us the exact error rather than
paraphrase and have us guess at what the error is. But I suspect that if
you solve the first, you solve it all.

Craig

Old 06-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Kai Schaetzl

Sam Drinkard wrote on Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:33:39 -0400:

Please, use subjects that make sense! And as a general hint, it's really
not good style to lament about "missing dependencies" with telling more.

> The files are coming from sourceforge

Please elaborate. There are several repo's that have clamav. I recommend
using rpmforge. Or do you mean *rpm*forge when you write sourceforge?
Problems with the latest clamav rpms have been reported several times on
this list, read back! I personally haven't had any problems.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany

Old 06-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Sam Drinkard

Craig White wrote:

[...]

Ok.. I guess I should have been a bit more exact in my phrases.. No, I
don't have Dag's repo enabled, as most of the time it would fail when I
tried to use it. I guess the URL has probably changed as well. As for
the source, yes, that should have been rpmforge instead of sourceforge.
If you have the current Dag repo URL, I'd appreciate it if you'd include
it in a reply, or just send it to me off list.

The output of "yum update"

# yum update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
kbs-CentOS-Extras 100% |=========================| 951 B 00:00
kbs-CentOS-Misc 100% |=========================| 951 B 00:00
update 100% |=========================| 951 B 00:00
rpmforge 100% |=========================| 1.1 kB 00:03
base 100% |=========================| 1.1 kB 00:00
addons 100% |=========================| 951 B 00:00
extras 100% |=========================| 1.1 kB 00:00
Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package cups.x86_64 1:1.1.22-0.rc1.9.20.2.el4_6.8 set to be updated
---> Package evolution.x86_64 0:2.0.2-35.0.4.el4_6.2 set to be updated
---> Package clamav-server.x86_64 0:0.88.2-2.el4.kb set to be updated
---> Package cups-libs.x86_64 1:1.1.22-0.rc1.9.20.2.el4_6.8 set to be
updated

---> Package cups-libs.i386 1:1.1.22-0.rc1.9.20.2.el4_6.8 set to be updated
---> Package clamav-data.x86_64 0:0.88.2-2.el4.kb set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: clamav-lib = 0.88.2-2.el4.kb for package:
clamav-server
--> Processing Dependency: libclamav.so.1()(64bit) for package:
clamav-server

--> Processing Dependency: clamav-db for package: clamav
--> Processing Dependency: clamd = 0.93-2.el4.rf for package: clamav-milter
--> Restarting Dependency Resolution with new changes.
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package clamav-lib.x86_64 0:0.88.2-2.el4.kb set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: clamav-db for package: clamav
--> Processing Dependency: clamd = 0.93-2.el4.rf for package: clamav-milter
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: clamav-db is needed by package clamav
Error: Missing Dependency: clamd = 0.93-2.el4.rf is needed by package
clamav-milter

Sam