Old 05-10-2008, 03:36 PM
Daniel Iliev

Default mdadm+lvm2+mkfs

Hi,

I've created a raid-5 (md0) with 3 hdds and chunk size=512KB.

On top of it, using the default options, I've created a lvm2 physical
disk with one volume group. "vgdisplay" shows PE=4MB.

Now I have several logical volumes in this group which have to be
formatted with ext3.

Here comes my question.
How do "stride" and "stripe-width" options of mke2fs relate to
"chunk-size" of mdadm and PE of LVM2? What values should I use and why?

--
Best regards,
Daniel