Old 05-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Alan McKinnon

Default portage & foomatic problem: SOLVED

On Friday 09 May 2008, alain.didierjean@free.fr wrote:
> Thanks for the help, I was lost as I didn't realize that emerge was
> trying to update a meta-package (foomatic) no more in portage...

Long bitter hard experience has shown me that if I get A blocks B
messages, I usually have to:

eix A
eix B
read A's ebuild
read B's ebuild

then and only then do I have enough information to know what to do about
it. Portage does well at telling you that blockers are present and
where they are coming from, but is completely useless at giving good
reasons why and what the best resolution is.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com