FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-06-2008, 07:15 AM
Zhang Weiwu
 
Default to which package scrbook.cls belongs?

Dear all

I just emerged lyx and it doesn't work. The issue is class files are
missing (one example is scrbook.cls). It should be installed together
with lyx but it didn't.

I need to install a package containing this file. to which package this
file belongs to? I googled around without luck

Thanks. The complete description of the issue is as follows:

G. Milde's suggestion on solving my lyx problem:
> On 6.05.08, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
>
>> > error message in opening tutorial with lyx. The opened tutorial is not
>> > printable. see below:
>>
> ...
>
>> > Warning: Document class not available
>> > ----------------------------------------
>> > The layout file requested by this document,
>> > scrbook.layout,
>> > is not usable. This is probably because a LaTeX
>> > class or style file required by it is not
>> > available.
>>
> ...
>
>
>> > zhangweiwu@esmeralda:~$ locate scrbook.layout
>> > /usr/share/lyx/layouts/scrbook.layout
>>
>
> scrbook.layout is the LyX layout file, for printed output it requires the
> *LaTeX class file* ``scrbook.cls``:
>
> milde@ilse:/tmp > locate scrbook.cls
> /usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/koma-script/scrbook.cls
>
> Looking at Help>LaTeXConfig, you can find out which LaTeX classes and
> packages are found by the latest Tools>Reconfigure run. Here I have:
>
> Found: scrartcl: yes, scrreprt: yes, scrbook: yes
>
> Fix:
>
> Find out which Gentoo package provides the file scrbook.cls and install
> it (or install all classes that are marked as required, recommended or
> suggested by LyX).

--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 05-06-2008, 07:21 AM
Justin
 
Default to which package scrbook.cls belongs?

Zhang Weiwu schrieb:

Dear all

I just emerged lyx and it doesn't work. The issue is class files are
missing (one example is scrbook.cls). It should be installed together
with lyx but it didn't.

I need to install a package containing this file. to which package this
file belongs to? I googled around without luck

Thanks. The complete description of the issue is as follows:

G. Milde's suggestion on solving my lyx problem:


On 6.05.08, Zhang Weiwu wrote:



error message in opening tutorial with lyx. The opened tutorial is not
printable. see below:




...



Warning: Document class not available
----------------------------------------
The layout file requested by this document,
scrbook.layout,
is not usable. This is probably because a LaTeX
class or style file required by it is not
available.




...




zhangweiwu@esmeralda:~$ locate scrbook.layout
/usr/share/lyx/layouts/scrbook.layout




scrbook.layout is the LyX layout file, for printed output it requires the
*LaTeX class file* ``scrbook.cls``:

milde@ilse:/tmp > locate scrbook.cls
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/koma-script/scrbook.cls

Looking at Help>LaTeXConfig, you can find out which LaTeX classes and
packages are found by the latest Tools>Reconfigure run. Here I have:

Found: scrartcl: yes, scrreprt: yes, scrbook: yes

Fix:

Find out which Gentoo package provides the file scrbook.cls and install
it (or install all classes that are marked as required, recommended or
suggested by LyX).





www.portagefilelist.de could answer these kinds of questions.

But the package you are looking for is
dev-texlive/texlive-latexrecommended-2007.
 
Old 05-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Ian Hilt
 
Default to which package scrbook.cls belongs?

On Tue, 6 May 2008, Zhang Weiwu wrote:


I need to install a package containing this file. to which package this
file belongs to? I googled around without luck


"equery b scrbook.cls" returns
dev-texlive/texlive-latexrecommended-2007
(/usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/koma-script/scrbook.cls)

--
Ian Graeme Hilt
ian.hilt (at) gmail.com
GnuPG key: 0x4AFC1EE3
--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 05-07-2008, 05:57 AM
Zhang Weiwu
 
Default to which package scrbook.cls belongs?

Justin said:
> www.portagefilelist.de could answer these kinds of questions.
>
> But the package you are looking for is dev-texlive/texlive-latexrecommended-2007.



Ian Hilt wrote:
> On Tue, 6 May 2008, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
>
>> I need to install a package containing this file. to which package this
>> file belongs to? I googled around without luck
>
> "equery b scrbook.cls" returns
> dev-texlive/texlive-latexrecommended-2007
> (/usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/koma-script/scrbook.cls)

Thanks


--
Real Softservice

Huateng Tower, Unit 1788
Jia 302 3rd area of Jinsong, Chao Yang

Tel: +86 (10) 8773 0650 ext 603
Mobile: 135 9950 2413
http://www.realss.com
--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 05-07-2008, 09:58 AM
"Liviu Andronic"
 
Default to which package scrbook.cls belongs?

On 5/7/08, Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@realss.com> wrote:
> Ian Hilt wrote:
> > On Tue, 6 May 2008, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
> >
> >> I need to install a package containing this file. to which package this
> >> file belongs to? I googled around without luck
> >
> > "equery b scrbook.cls" returns
> > dev-texlive/texlive-latexrecommended-2007
> > (/usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/koma-script/scrbook.cls)
>
There is also dev-tex/texmfind [1].
Liviu

[1] http://gentoo-portage.com/dev-tex/texmfind
--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:46 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org