-   -   New b43 driver can't find my AP (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/82343-new-b43-driver-cant-find-my-ap.html)

Mike Edenfield 05-05-2008 12:56 PM

New b43 driver can't find my AP

Hi,

After upgrading to the 2.6.24 kernel and switching from the bcm driver
to the new b43 driver, I can no longer attach to my AP. If I downgrade
to 2.6.23 it starts working again, so I'm confident that the hardware
setup is all fine. Using the new driver, "iwscan" does not locate any
APs and running wpa_supplicant hangs scanning for an AP to attach to.
The driver seems to find the card ok and I followed the instructions
here: http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/b43 to get the correct
firmware. I also compiled both b43 and b43-legacy (since I have a 4306
rev 3 and wasn't sure which one worked) but the driver attaches b43 to
my card.

Does anyone know what I can do to track down the problem?

--Mike

Hinko Kocevar 05-05-2008 01:04 PM

Mike Edenfield wrote:

Hi,

After upgrading to the 2.6.24 kernel and switching from the bcm driver
to the new b43 driver, I can no longer attach to my AP. If I downgrade
to 2.6.23 it starts working again, so I'm confident that the hardware
setup is all fine. Using the new driver, "iwscan" does not locate any
APs and running wpa_supplicant hangs scanning for an AP to attach to.
The driver seems to find the card ok and I followed the instructions
here: http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/b43 to get the correct
firmware. I also compiled both b43 and b43-legacy (since I have a 4306
rev 3 and wasn't sure which one worked) but the driver attaches b43 to
my card.

Does anyone know what I can do to track down the problem?

FYI, I had similar issues with bcm4311 on a Dell inspiron laptop using
2.6.25 - I had to turn on the bluetooth too, to make WiFi work...

Regards,
Hinko

--
ńĆETRTA POT, d.o.o., Kranj