Old 05-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Alan McKinnon

Default Using package.use

On Sunday 04 May 2008, reader@newsguy.com wrote:
> Kenneth Prugh <ken69267@gmail.com> writes:

> > try:
> > net-analyzer/tcpdump -samba
>
> It works ... thanks .. I was confused with this info which is
> apparently really about something else
>

> lines 560-592 of 630
> [...]
> Format:
> - comments begin with #
> - package:use flag - description
>
> Example:
> app-editors/nano:justify - Toggles the justify
> option
> dev-libs/DirectFB:fusion - Adds Multi
> Application support
> games-emulation/xmess:net - Adds network support

That's the syntax for ${PORTDIR}/profiles/use*, which documents what USE
FLAGS are intended for. The gentoo devs edit those files when they
add/update flags to the system.

> To be fair it also shows the syntax you showed in another section.

:-) Documentation - wonderful stuff. If you find the right chapter in
the right document, that it.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com