Old 05-04-2008, 05:18 AM
Norberto Bensa

Default distcc: different arch (amd64, x86)

Hello list,

since Ubuntu Hardy didn't like my notebook, I'm currently installing
Gentoo (amd64) on it. This is my first Gentoo install in almost six
years!!

So. I have two other boxes (Intel Core 2 Duo and AMD X2 3800+) that
also run Gentoo (x86) and I would like to use them as distcc hosts for
my notebook.

The question is: will it be possible to compile amd64 code using
distcc on those x86 hosts? Will it be as simple as emerging distcc on
the notebook and configure the distcc hosts?

Many thanks in advance,
Norberto

Old 05-04-2008, 05:29 AM
deface

http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_AMD64-x86-distcc

Old 05-04-2008, 05:49 AM
Norberto Bensa

Quoting deface <deface@uberpenguin.net>:

http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_AMD64-x86-distcc

Thanks. Thanks. Thanks!!!

BTW, nice handbook. After 6 years, clean boot in the first try.
Gentoo's Docs rocks!