Old 05-03-2008, 01:38 PM
Albert Hopkins

Default xen+kvm+win2k problem

On Sat, 2008-05-03 at 15:19 +0200, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> Hi folks,
>

> I'm trying to install win2k on xen w/ hw-virtualization.
> The vm boots into the installer and tells it collects some
> system information - from that point on it hangs.
>
> One point I already figured out is I forgot to include the tap/tun
> device in the kernel. I fixed this, but it still didnt help.
>
> Does someone have an idea what could be wrong ?

I think officially Win2k is not supported by Xen. XP, 2003, etc. run
fine. There are probably people out there running Win2k on Xen but I
bet they have to do something wicked and I'm not aware of what it is.
Try Google.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Enrico Weigelt

* Albert Hopkins <marduk@letterboxes.org> wrote:

Hi,

> I think officially Win2k is not supported by Xen. XP, 2003, etc. run
> fine. There are probably people out there running Win2k on Xen but I
> bet they have to do something wicked and I'm not aware of what it is.

from what I've read in the net, it should work - I even found
howtos for that (of course w/ hw virtualization, but my CPU
has it). One of the texts talked about hangs on missing tun/tap,
but I've already fixed it.

hmmpf

cu