-   -   Force an ebuild in DEPEND to be merged (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/81181-force-ebuild-depend-merged.html)

"Henry Gebhardt" 05-03-2008 11:39 AM

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> wrote:
> Reason: I use cvs-e17 and all ebuilds have version -9999 but they change
> daily. To update e17, one must checkout and rebuild everything as
> portage has no way of knowing what must be updated. So I have a script
> with 92 emerge commands in it... This clutters world unnecessarily.

Hm, --oneshot comes to mind... Anything against using that?

> I would rather create a -meta ebuild, list all 92 packages in DEPEND
> and 'emerge <metapackage>' will rebuild the whole lot. With the added
> benefit that 'emerge --resume --skipfirst' will actually work properly
> when a build fails (as they do on an almost daily basis...)

If you put them all on a single emerge, --resume should work.

> Is this possible?

I've never heard of such a thing. I think paludis can automatically
rebuild live ebuilds daily or once a week. However, not sure if it
works with -9999 version numbers, or if it needs them as -scm.

~Henry