Old 05-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Alan McKinnon

Default Force an ebuild in DEPEND to be merged

Hi all,

Is there a way to force a package *directly*listed* in DEPEND to be
re-merged, regardless of whether it is already installed, up to date or
not?

i.e. if a DEPENDS on b, then 'emerge a' will actually run 'emerge b a'

Reason: I use cvs-e17 and all ebuilds have version -9999 but they change
daily. To update e17, one must checkout and rebuild everything as
portage has no way of knowing what must be updated. So I have a script
with 92 emerge commands in it... This clutters world unnecessarily.

I would rather create a -meta ebuild, list all 92 packages in DEPEND
and 'emerge <metapackage>' will rebuild the whole lot. With the added
benefit that 'emerge --resume --skipfirst' will actually work properly
when a build fails (as they do on an almost daily basis...)

Is this possible?

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com