Old 05-02-2008, 03:34 AM
"Mark Knecht"

Default Hooray for Gentoo CD developers

I must say once again I'm deeply impressed and thankful for the folks
at Gentoo. My Windows Vista laptop has taken a dump. I'm reasonably
sure the hardware is OK but like everything M$ you pile on driver
after driver, virus protection and firewalls, junk after junk after
junk, and finally the darn things just die. Mine did today.

I've always hated that this machine wasn't dual boot but for numerous
reasons it's been impossible for the last 10 months to rebuild the
whole machine. Now I get a chance.

Why do I love the Gentoo devs? Smart folks managed to give me a 2007.0
CD that reads NTFS file systems allowing me to get off the little bit
of stuff that wasn't backed up. Looks like absolutely nothing will be
lost.

Wonderful, wonderful people!

Cheers, thanks and a beer the next time you're in town,
Mark

P.S. - Sending to this list for the most coverage. I hope someone on
that team reads this list.