Old 05-02-2008, 12:09 AM
"Abraham Gyorgy"

Default SMB protocol for Krusader

Hello Gentoo users,

I'm trying to enable smb:// support for Krusader. Searching the net I got a solution: I have to emerge kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves. (on Ubuntu I had to install a very similarly named package to do this).

But unfortunately doing this isnt a good idea, because:

lapitopi gyuszk # emerge -pv kdebase-kioslaves

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild* N*** ] kde-base/kdialog-3.5.8* USE="-arts -debug -kdeenablefinal -kdehiddenvisibility -xinerama" 23,633 kB

[ebuild* N*** ] kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves-3.5.8* USE="-arts -debug -hal -kdeenablefinal -kdehiddenvisibility -ldap -openexr -samba -xinerama" 20 kB
[blocks B**** ] =kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves-3.5* (is blocking kde-base/kdebase-3.5.8-r6)

[blocks B**** ] =kde-base/kdebase-3.5* (is blocking kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves-3.5.8, kde-base/kdialog-3.5.8)
[blocks B**** ] =kde-base/kdialog-3.5* (is blocking kde-base/kdebase-3.5.8-r6)

Total: 2 packages (2 new, 3 blocks), Size of downloads: 23,653 kB

Maybe kdebase has a use flag for kioslaves...?

lapitopi gyuszk # emerge -pv kdebase

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild** R** ] kde-base/kdebase-3.5.8-r6* USE="cups pam xscreensaver -arts -branding -debug -hal -ieee1394 -java -joystick -kdeenablefinal -kdehiddenvisibility -ldap -lm_sensors -logitech-mouse -openexr -opengl -samba -xcomposite -xinerama" 23,671 kB

No.

Information: I'm running Gentoo amd64, everything up-to-date. Installed monolythic kde (emerge kde).
Can anybody help? Thanks a lot.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:19 AM
"Sandro Hannemann"

Just the "samba" USE flag when emerging kde.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:23 AM
"Sandro Hannemann"

Sorry, I hit the send button by accident.
I think all you have to do is to enable the samba USE flag when emerging kde.

You can append the line:
kde-base/kdebase samba

to /etc/portage/package.use

to accomplish that