Old 05-01-2008, 07:14 PM

Default compiling a module after the fact

I thought I remembered someway to compile a single module after the
fact that didn't involve recompiling everthing... but just now I
entered the usr/src/linux directory and edited .config adding the
sshfs FUSE module.

when I ran `make' I see it grinding thru the whole thing again. Is
that normal?

Old 05-02-2008, 04:41 AM
Adam Carter

> I thought I remembered someway to compile a single module after the
> fact that didn't involve recompiling everthing... but just now I
> entered the usr/src/linux directory and edited .config adding the
> sshfs FUSE module.
>
> when I ran `make' I see it grinding thru the whole thing again. Is
> that normal?

Yeah, its normal - I think you just need to run 'make modules', then 'make modules_install' if you're just adding another module.