-   -   origin of kernel module: scsi_wait_scan.mod ?? (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/80120-origin-kernel-module-scsi_wait_scan-mod.html)

"de Almeida, Valmor F." 05-01-2008 05:51 PM

origin of kernel module: scsi_wait_scan.mod ??

Hello,

I am compiling a vanilla-sources 2.6.24.4 kernel (2008.0_beta2 minimal
install) and no matter what I do to disable scsi support I end up with a
scsi module (scsi_wait_scan.mod) after compilation. When looking at the
.config file I see

CONFIG_SCSI=y
CONFIG_SCSI_DMA=y
CONFIG_SCSI_WAIT_SCAN=m
CONFIG_SCSI_SPI_ATTRS=y

All of these should not be set because I did not enable them in
menuconfig. Something else is setting those. Would someone know what? I
turned off usb support completely in menuconfig. I don't need usb
support anyway since this is a virtualbox guest OS install.

Thank you for you help,

--
Valmor de Almeida

Dirk Heinrichs 05-02-2008 05:53 AM

Am Donnerstag, 1. Mai 2008 schrieb ext de Almeida, Valmor F.:
> Hello,
>
> I am compiling a vanilla-sources 2.6.24.4 kernel (2008.0_beta2 minimal
> install) and no matter what I do to disable scsi support I end up with a
> scsi module (scsi_wait_scan.mod) after compilation. When looking at the
> .config file I see
>
> CONFIG_SCSI=y
> CONFIG_SCSI_DMA=y
> CONFIG_SCSI_WAIT_SCAN=m
> CONFIG_SCSI_SPI_ATTRS=y
>
> All of these should not be set because I did not enable them in
> menuconfig. Something else is setting those. Would someone know what? I
> turned off usb support completely in menuconfig. I don't need usb
> support anyway since this is a virtualbox guest OS install.

The above are SCSI options, not USB.

You should post your complete .config, otherwise we end up guessing.

Bye...

Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs | Tel: +49 (0)162 234 3408
D-40468 Düsseldorf | ICQ#: 110037733