Old 05-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Dan Johansson

Default Switch of profile messed up eix-test-obsolete

Today I made the "mistake" of upgrading my profile from
default-linux/amd64/2007.0/desktop to default/linux/amd64/2008.0/desktop and
it messed up eix & eix-test-obsolete.

Here's a part of the output from eix-test-obsolete:
------------------8<--------------------
Installed packages with a version not in the database (or masked):

[D] app-admin/eselect (1.0.10@01/06/08 -> *1.0.2 *1.0.7 ~*1.0.8 ~*1.0.9
*1.0.10 ~*1.0.11 ~*1.0.11-r1 {bash-completion doc vim-syntax}):
Modular -config replacement utility
[D] app-admin/eselect-ctags (1.3@01/23/08 -> *1.3): Manages ctags
implementations
[D] app-admin/eselect-esd (20060719@01/06/08 -> *20060719): Manages
configuration of ESounD implementation or PulseAudio wrapper
[D] app-admin/eselect-fontconfig (1.0@01/06/08 -> *1.0): An eselect module to
manage /etc/fonts/conf.d symlinks.
[D] app-admin/eselect-oodict (20061117@01/07/08 -> *20060621 *20060706
~*20060806 *20061117): Manages configuration of dictionaries for
OpenOffice.Org.
[D] app-admin/eselect-opengl (1.0.5@01/06/08 -> *1.0.5 ~*1.0.6 ~*1.0.6-r1):
Utility to change the OpenGL interface being used
------------------8<--------------------
Before the change of profile the output was clean.
Any suggestions?

--
Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!

Old 05-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Thu, 1 May 2008 18:52:20 +0200, Dan Johansson wrote:

> Today I made the "mistake" of upgrading my profile from
> default-linux/amd64/2007.0/desktop to
> default/linux/amd64/2008.0/desktop and it messed up eix &
> eix-test-obsolete.

> Before the change of profile the output was clean.
> Any suggestions?

1) Update eix to 0.12.4

2) Read the mailing list, this one was asked and answered a day or two ago

--
Neil Bothwick

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?