FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Gavin Seddon
 
Default skype notworking

skype
/opt/skype/skype: /usr/lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/libstdc++.so.6:
version `CXXABI_1.3.1' not found (required by /opt/skype/skype)
/opt/skype/skype: /usr/lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/libstdc++.so.6:
version `GLIBCXX_3.4.4' not found (required by /opt/skype/skype)

when I try skype I get the above. Can anyone help pls?
g
--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 04-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Pupino
 
Default skype notworking

Hi,
have you tried running revdep-rebuild?
it should fix this problem... is in the gentoolkit package

HTH
Davide

2008/4/30 Gavin Seddon <gavin.m.seddon@manchester.ac.uk>:
> skype
> /opt/skype/skype: /usr/lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/libstdc++.so.6:
> version `CXXABI_1.3.1' not found (required by /opt/skype/skype)
> /opt/skype/skype: /usr/lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/libstdc++.so.6:
> version `GLIBCXX_3.4.4' not found (required by /opt/skype/skype)
> when I try skype I get the above. Can anyone help pls?
> g
> --
> gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
>
>
--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 04-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Mick
 
Default skype notworking

2008/4/30 Gavin Seddon <gavin.m.seddon@manchester.ac.uk>:
> skype
> /opt/skype/skype: /usr/lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/libstdc++.so.6:
> version `CXXABI_1.3.1' not found (required by /opt/skype/skype)
> /opt/skype/skype: /usr/lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/libstdc++.so.6:
> version `GLIBCXX_3.4.4' not found (required by /opt/skype/skype)
> when I try skype I get the above. Can anyone help pls?

Did you try revdep-rebuild -X -v -p ?

--
Regards,
Mick
--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 04-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Alan McKinnon
 
Default skype notworking

On Wednesday 30 April 2008, Gavin Seddon wrote:
> skype
> /opt/skype/skype:
> /usr/lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/libstdc++.so.6: version
> `CXXABI_1.3.1' not found (required by /opt/skype/skype)
> /opt/skype/skype:
> /usr/lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/libstdc++.so.6: version
> `GLIBCXX_3.4.4' not found (required by /opt/skype/skype) when I try
> skype I get the above. Can anyone help pls?
> g

Those files are provided by gcc. What options is your gcc compiled with?
('eix -e gcc' is you use eix, otherwise 'emerge -pv gcc')

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 04-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Gavin Seddon
 
Default skype notworking

Pupino wrote:

Hi,
have you tried running revdep-rebuild?
it should fix this problem... is in the gentoolkit package

HTH
Davide

2008/4/30 Gavin Seddon <gavin.m.seddon@manchester.ac.uk>:

skype
/opt/skype/skype: /usr/lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/libstdc++.so.6:
version `CXXABI_1.3.1' not found (required by /opt/skype/skype)
/opt/skype/skype: /usr/lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/libstdc++.so.6:
version `GLIBCXX_3.4.4' not found (required by /opt/skype/skype)
when I try skype I get the above. Can anyone help pls?
g
--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list



yes thanks.
I'll repeat.
g
--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 04-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Alan McKinnon
 
Default skype notworking

On Wednesday 30 April 2008, Mick wrote:
> 2008/4/30 Gavin Seddon <gavin.m.seddon@manchester.ac.uk>:
> > skype
> > /opt/skype/skype:
> > /usr/lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/libstdc++.so.6: version
> > `CXXABI_1.3.1' not found (required by /opt/skype/skype)
> > /opt/skype/skype:
> > /usr/lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/libstdc++.so.6: version
> > `GLIBCXX_3.4.4' not found (required by /opt/skype/skype) when I try
> > skype I get the above. Can anyone help pls?
>
> Did you try revdep-rebuild -X -v -p ?


Just check first that revdep-rebuild is not configured to ignore stuff
in /opt, otherwise running the command is worthless

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 05-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Gavin Seddon
 
Default skype notworking

Mick wrote:

2008/4/30 Gavin Seddon <gavin.m.seddon@manchester.ac.uk>:

skype
/opt/skype/skype: /usr/lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/libstdc++.so.6:
version `CXXABI_1.3.1' not found (required by /opt/skype/skype)
/opt/skype/skype: /usr/lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/libstdc++.so.6:
version `GLIBCXX_3.4.4' not found (required by /opt/skype/skype)
when I try skype I get the above. Can anyone help pls?


Did you try revdep-rebuild -X -v -p ?


Yes, same.
thanks.
g

--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 05-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Gavin Seddon
 
Default skype notworking

Hi,
I used revdep-rebuild --SEARCH_DIRS /opt
with no luck. How do I check it to enable /opt?
thanks
g
--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 05-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Alan McKinnon
 
Default skype notworking

On Thursday 01 May 2008, Gavin Seddon wrote:
> Hi,
> I used revdep-rebuild --SEARCH_DIRS /opt
> with no luck. How do I check it to enable /opt?
> thanks
> g

revdep-rebuild will not solve your problem. It only fixes problems where
binaries used to link to other files that are no longer there. It
cannot fix your incompatible CXXABI versions in libstdc++ as it doesn't
know which gcc versions provide that.

Read this thread:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-4107570.html?sid=8acb0d609d3259d3af0dd1c262c7d277
the last post on the page is especially informative.

Run this:
strings /usr/lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/libstdc++.so.6 | grep ABI
to find out what version your gcc is providing. skype requires:

CXXABI_1.3.1
GLIBCXX_3.4.4

as per your original post. I recommend you upgrade gcc to version 4.1.2





--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 05-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Gavin Seddon
 
Default skype notworking

Alan McKinnon wrote:

On Thursday 01 May 2008, Gavin Seddon wrote:

Hi,
I used revdep-rebuild --SEARCH_DIRS /opt
with no luck. How do I check it to enable /opt?
thanks
g


revdep-rebuild will not solve your problem. It only fixes problems where
binaries used to link to other files that are no longer there. It
cannot fix your incompatible CXXABI versions in libstdc++ as it doesn't
know which gcc versions provide that.


Read this thread:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-4107570.html?sid=8acb0d609d3259d3af0dd1c262c7d277
the last post on the page is especially informative.

Run this:
strings /usr/lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/libstdc++.so.6 | grep ABI
to find out what version your gcc is providing. skype requires:

CXXABI_1.3.1
GLIBCXX_3.4.4

as per your original post. I recommend you upgrade gcc to version 4.1.2






thanks,
However I need gcc 3~ for some critical software. If I change to 4 'it'
won't recompile. I suppose I could alternate profiles as required.

g
--
gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:02 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org